Rectangle - 9.1" x 4.3" - Black - 3D Floating Frame 2-Sided Display Case - 230 mm x 110 mm
9.1" x 4.3" Rectangleblack3D floating frame 2-sided display cases. Frames can hold objects as thin as a pressed leaf or as large as a golf ball. The special elastic membrane film stretches to form fit around any object you place inside. Simply press the edge of frame to open, insert your collectible, and snap it closed for a quick and easy way to protect and display your items. Recommended to apply base to edge that opens for more secure latch when using thick objects.
Optional bases available to stand your frame vertically or horizontally or even to stack them together!
Specimens (gems, fossils, coins, etc.) in photos as examples only and not included. Price is for frame only.
Outer Dimensions - 9.1" x 4.3" x 0.8"
Inner Dimensions - 8.1" x 3.3" x 0.8"
Additional Sizes / Prices:
Rectangle black 3D floating frame 2-sided display cases with a rectangular center are available in 2 sizes with width of 4.3 inches and length of 9.1 inches (LP, $8) or 11.8 inches (XL, $10).
1. What is the membrane film made from? A:PET film (PolyEthylene-Terephthalate); It is similar to the polyester film brand Mylar used in coin flips except much more elastic.
2. Is the frame re-usable? A:Yes. The film is very elastic and for typical use will return to original state upon removal of the items inside. If the film is pushed past the point of elasticity, it may not fully return to original tightness. For example, if using a golf ball in a 3.5 inch frame, the membrane film will hold the golf ball securely, but will not return thin enough to hold a leaf after removal of the golf ball.
3. Is wholesale pricing available? A:Yes! Our product has been very successfully sold in retail hobby/collectible stores as well as a great fundraiser for clubs and organizations.Send us an emailus to inquire about wholesale pricing and volume requirements!
4. What shapes are available? A:We have square, rectangle, rectangle with square center, square with circle center, and round frames. We even have frames with legs which can extend out from the back of the frame!
5. Which side should I apply the base / stand? A: Applying a base or stand to the edge or corner which opens (opposite the hinged side) is the most effective way to ensure that the frame does not "pop open" unexpectedly when using a thicker object inside the frames.
6. How accurate are the dimensions? A:All dimensions are approximate
7. How thick / deep are the frames? A:Approximately 0.8 inches (20 mm)
8. Are the frames temperature sensitive? A:We recommend climate controlled areas for storage or prolonged use. We have done heat testing up to approximately 140 degrees for 24 hours without noticing any negative impact on the film or frame. At higher temperatures for longer periods we have noticed the film start to show some slight haze or cloudiness.
9. Is the film washable? A:Yes; fingerprints and other smudges can be washed off with water and gentle rubbing from a no-lint microfiber cloth
10. What is the most valuable object ever stored in one of your frames? A:One of our gemstone customers sold a very special stone that he kept in our 2.8 inch frame for $42 Million dollars.
11. Is the membrane film strong enough for sharp or point objects? A:Generally yes. We have had customers use knives, pointy crystals, and sharp gemstones successfully in the frames. The feedback on the strength, durability, and flexibility has been phenomenal! If using sharp pointy objects that press directly into the film, the film may retain some small marks or impressions.